Clearwater Prescription Fraud Lawyers
Fight the Charges. Call (727) 245-9009 Today!
Have you or a loved one been accused of prescription fraud? The team of Clearwater criminal defense attorneys at Tinny Meyer & Piccarreto, P.A. knows what it takes to defend you against these serious drug crime allegations. When it comes to your rights and freedoms, you should not trust just anyone. Our team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer your questions.
Start today with a free consultation.
What Is Considered Prescription Fraud?
Generally speaking, obtaining prescription drugs through misrepresentations or through false documentation is considered fraud. Some of the most common examples of prescription fraud include:
- Doctor shopping in order to obtain multiple prescriptions
- Lying about your condition in order to obtain a prescription
- Stealing a doctor’s pad and forging a prescription or using his computer to do so
- Making alterations to a written prescription
- Impersonating a doctor to obtain a prescription
Penalties for Prescription Fraud
Because prescription fraud can be committed in such a wide variety of ways, the punishments likewise vary. At the very least, a conviction will lead to a fine and jail time. At the worst, you could face a long jail sentence and a massive fine. You can expect the following:
- Misdemeanor: 60 days to 1 year jail sentence & up to $1,000 in fines
- Felony: 5 to 30 year jail sentence and up to $10,000 in fines
Get the Seasoned Help You Need
The Clearwater criminal defense attorneys at Tinny, Meyer & Piccarreto, P.A. have 35+ years of experience defending the accused. If you or a loved one has been accused of prescription fraud, you need high-quality counsel devoted to your defense.